Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blogs:Personal Learning Spaces




David Truss' video captures a shared point of view; that I want  a blog, my blog, to be my personal learning space!  I want to continue to find out about the role technology can play in the teaching and learning that occurs inside (and out of) my classroom.  I do hope to network with other educators and build my repertoire based on some of the activities already tried by other teachers!  (Perhaps I will be an influence on someone else.)
One of the things I have learned about myself as I began to incorporate more digital literacies into my practice is I enjoy trying new things and am not afraid of taking risks!  Everyone is a beginner, a novice until they become experienced! And there's only one way to get that! One step at a time or jumping in with two feet; whatever works!
I have plans for using blogs that I am confident will enhance my students' experiences this year (and next year and ...) That blogging will expand our shared learning space is obvious.  That blogging will give my students increased responsibility for their own learning is one of the positive side effects of blogging.

"The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught but that every child should be given the wish to learn." John Lubbock

I have no doubt that BLOGGING has the potential to make that wish come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment